With so many good artists in the Nigerian entertainment industry, we are pretty sure there are still much more fast-rising and yet to come into limelight – Teniola Apata is one of these fastest rising artists. There are many reasons to love Teni The Entertainer, a.k.a Teni Makanaki. From her intimidating dimples to her stop and stare voice, and that outrageously charming smile, one is almost spoilt for choice. In an age where the pursuit of sexiness is an industry pillar, Teni hugs her dungarees and large shirts, takes joy rides in Tricycles and enjoys trips via canoes to distant lands.
Teni The Entertainer is a top rated Nigerian musician in the country. She’s originally from Ekiti state and a younger sister to the afro-house singer, Niniola. Teni came into the entertainment industry with her freestyles on Instagram, but came into the limelight when her single, ‘Fargin’ became a hit.
Teni attended Apata Memorial High School and is a graduate of University of Georgia. She is from a family that loves education. She started doing music at age 2 by playing drums for her school band. Also she played the drum for past governors of Lagos state such as Mohammed Buba Marwa, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Babatunde Fashola.
Teni was signed to Magic Fingers Records – a record owned by popular Nigerian producer, Shizzi), but presently Teniola is signed to Dr Dolor Entertainment record label. She wrote Davido‘s hit single “Like Dat”. Music asides, she also loves to play Basketball, swim and travel.
Teni won the “Rookie of the year award” in the 2018 Headies Awards and Best New Artist 2018 in Soundcity MVP Awards Festival. She ranked eighth on the list of the 10 Hottest Artists In Nigeria compiled by NotJustOk and was also listed by Premium Times newspaper among the “Six Nigerian breakout stars, viral sensations of 2018”
The award-winning Nigerian singer’s late father, Simeon Apata, was a retired Nigerian Army Brigadier-General who was assassinated on January 8, 1995 by unknown gunmen. The late civil war veteran was said to be a courageous man whose death was shocking to everyone in his immediate environment of Isolo, Lagos.
The up coming Nigerian singer, songwriter, a rapper, song-writer, drummer, stage performer, recording artist and an entertainer. She was born on the 12th of December 1992 in Lagos State, Nigeria.
Teni’s Net Worth
Teni is a fast rising Nigerian celebrity and has a good number of deals and endorsements.
Teni’s Social Media Profiles
Teni is active on social media and if you would like to follow her then below are her social media handles:
Instagram – @tenientertainer
Twitter – @TENI_Tweets
Teni’s Quick Facts: Things You Don’t Know
Here are the 10 interesting things you don’t know about her although some of this facts have been previously talked about.
1. She’s from a family that loves education.
2. She graduated from University of Georgia.
3. She went into music at age 2 and played drums for past governors of Lagos state such as Mohammed Buba Marwa, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Babatunde Fashola.
4. She looks up to great artistes like King Wasiu Ayinde, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezar Obey, Osita Osadebe and Dolly Parton.
5. She made her debut in music professionally in 2016 with the release of her first single “Amen”.
6. She was previously signed to Magic Fingers, a record label owned by ace producer Shizzi.
7. Teni is recently signed to Dr Dolor Entertainment record label.
8. She is a Song writer and so she wrote Davido‘s hit single “Like Dat”.
9. Her hobbies besides music, includes playing Basketball, swimming and traveling.
10. Teni won the rookie of the year at the 2018 Headies Awards and Best New Artist 2018 at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival.
- Fake Jersey
- Bad Boy
- Uyo Meyo
- Christmas Is Here