This is a detailed information on Tourism industry in Africa as of 2018
We present to you, tourism in Africa statistics, tourism in Africa facts and also tourism in Africa by country.
Table Of Contents
- Tourism In Africa Information
- Africa Tourism By Country
- Tourism in Africa Statistics
- Tourism In Africa Facts
- Africa Tourism Places
- Scroll Down Below To Drop A Comment & See More Interesting Contents
Tourism In Africa Information
Based on information gathered by us as of 2018.
Africa Tourism By Country
Below we shall list out African countries that are the most popular when it comes to Tourism in recent years.
List of Africa tourism countries:
- South Africa
- Republic Of Congo
- Ivory Coast
Tourism in Africa Statistics
Here we shall list out African countries and their tourism statistics in recent years below.
These are the most popular countries in Africa when it comes to tourists arrivals:
- Morroco – 11 million Visitors
- South Africa – 10.2 Million Visitors
- Tunisia – 5.9 million Visitors
- Algeria – 2.4 million Visitors
- Zimbabwe – 2.4 million Visitors
- Mozambique – 1.6 million Visitors
- Namibia – 1.5 million Visitors
- Kenya – 1.4 million Visitors
- Tanzania – 1.3 million Visitors
- Uganda – 1.3 million Visitors
Tourism In Africa Facts
Below a list of certain facts about African tourism:
- Morroco has been Africa’s most visited country over a decade and always followed by South Africa with a close range.
- Tanzania was voted Africa’s best Safari spot by visitors in a poll conducted by Safaribookings.
- Zimbabwe has the majestic Victoria Falls, South Africa great boutique reserves.
- Kenya offers chances to see big cats and Botswana is a leader in eco-friendly tours.
- The highest commercial bridge bungee jump in the world can be done in South Africa. In the heart of the Garden Route
- If you don’t know, South Africa is famous for wine and they make great ones, Meandering through various wine-growing areas, Route 62 is the longest wine route in the world.
- South Africa is home to the second highest waterfall in the world, the Tugela Falls. The total drop is 948 metres (3110 ft.) in five consecutive leap
- The Sahara is the largest desert in the world and is bigger than the continental USA.
- Africa is the world’s hottest continent with deserts and drylands covering 60% of land surface area (e.g. Kalahari, Sahara and Namib).
- Africa is the world’s second driest continent (after Australia).
- Africa has approximately 30% of the earth’s remaining mineral resources.
- The continent has the largest reserves of precious metals with over 40% of the gold reserves, over 60% of the cobalt, and 90% of the platinum reserves.
- Intra African flights are generally expensive, ranging from $461 to well over $972 on average, which is mostly unaffordable to the majority of people living on the continent.
- Africa being a continent of very poor countries in need of saving is a little overhyped.
- There’s enough water in most African countries, but few villages may lack clean water.
- Kenya is an East African paradise filled with abundant wildlife, mountains, flora, fauna and islands. It’s an ideal destination for family holidays, and the best time to visit is between October and March.
- Seychelles is a 115-island country with the smallest population of any African state, the Republic of Seychelles, is a hidden gem located in the Indian Ocean and is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- In most African countries the law prohibits smoking in public spaces, including airports and railway stations. Most restaurants and pubs have designated smoking and non-smoking areas. No one under the age of 18 may buy cigarettes, or enter a designated smoking area.
- Africa is not mostly a jungle, And there are hundreds of very large and beautiful cities in Africa.
- Every African country has access to Internet and hundreds of millions of Africans are as informed as you are.
Africa Tourism Places
When you speak of the best tourist destinations and attractions in Africa, there are hundreds that are beautiful and amazing and thousands across all African countries.
Below we shall mention just 10 destinations and attractions in Africa:
Zanzibar, located in the Indian Ocean just off the coast of Tanzania, it is one of the top 10 Africa’s top tourist attractions, largely due to the fact that it has got a fascinating history and unbelievably beautiful beaches. It was one of the regions in Africa where the stone age was highly established and it became a wealthy and advanced region which consisted of many autonomous merchant cities. Zanzibar was well-known for spices and ivory and part of its history was that it was a major hub during the era of slave trade.
The Pyramids and the Sphinx
If you have been to Egypt, you would definitely have been to see the The Pyramids and the Sphin. It is one of Egypt’s top tourist attractions. The Pyramid was said to have been constructed between 2589 BC and 2504 BC, there is still no known fact about how the construction was carried out. The last surviving of the Seven Wonders of the World is the Great Pyramid of Giza.
The Victoria Falls
At the southern part of Africa; between Zambia and Zimbabwe is one of the major natural wonders in Africa and one of the 7 wonders of the world. The Victoria Falls is practically the largest waterfall in the world. This recognition comes from combining the height and width together to create the largest single sheet of flowing water. The Falls is best viewed from the Zambian side and between June and July.
Masai Mara National Reserve Kenya
One of the major and most popular travel destinations for tourists is found in Kenya. The Masai Mara National Reserve Kenya is known as Africa’s Greatest Wildlife Reserve. The region is home to lots of African lions and the Masai people. With 570 recorded species of birds, 95 species of mammals with more than 2 million Wildebeest
Djenne town is one of the oldest cities in Mali and quite an interesting place full of mud-brick homes decorated with paint. Established at around 800BC, Djenne was a major market hub but it does not just end there. If you want to experience creativity with mud, you should travel to Djenne. It is the location of the largest mud house in the world: The Grande Mosque.
Have you ever thought of Cape Town as one of the tourist attractions in Africa? Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in South Africa. It is home to the well-known Blaauwberg Beach and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens are within a short driving distance within the city. The beautiful and amazing Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve provides wildlife encounters, sweeping sea vistas and hiking trails for hikers.
Marrakech is the second largest city in Morocco. Located at the foot of the ice covered Atlas mountains, the imperial city of Marrakech is large and quite noisy. However, the great thing about the city is its enchanting and rich history. It is regarded as one of the most culturally rich places in Morocco.
Virunga Mountains (Tracking Gorillas), Democratic Republic of Congo
There are about 700 mountain gorillas left worldwide and about 450 inhabit an extinct volcanic region called the Virunga mountain in Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo in East Africa while the remaining 350 or so inhabit a nearby area of Bwindi in Uganda.
Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
The Mount Kilimanjaro has placed Tanzania for the second time, among the countries with exceptional travel attractions in Africa. It is the largest mountain in Africa and one of the best tourist attractions for adventure travel. It offers a dream mountain hiking and its dormant volcanic cones are probably nothing to be so worried about.
Omo River Region, Ethiopia
The Omo River region is an area in the Southwestern Ethiopia and home to more than 50 different tribes. If you love African culture, you should pay this place a visit because of its huge cultural heritage. It is still a place in Africa where much of traditional customs and beliefs are very much intact for most of the tribes and this has made it an enchanting tourist attraction for those interested in African culture.